Will the Welsh Government provide details of funding provided to Urdd Gobaith Cymru since 2016?
Since 2016, the Welsh Government has provided Urdd Gobaith Cymru with the following funding:
- Cymraeg 2050 Division grants: £11,377,921.92
- Youth engagement grants: £870,395.00
- Capital infrastructure investment: £5,417,404.00
- Funding for Ukrainian Welcome Centre: £5,170,095.00
- Miscellaneous projects and funding: £605,467.09
- Total: £23,441,283.01
Figures above include funding awarded to the Urdd for COVID recovery purposes. The Urdd also received funding indirectly from Welsh Government during this period, via Sport Wales, to support Gemau Cymru in 2016-17 (£55k), 2017-18 (£55k) and 2018-19 (£55k), the Winter of Wellbeing programme in 2021-22 (£250k), and the inaugural Urban Games in 2022-23 (£106k). The Welsh Government has also agreed to provide the Urdd, via Sport Wales, with £50,000 in 2023-24 to support the delivery of the 2023 #FelMerch conference.