NDM8347 - Opposition DebateTabled on 06/09/2023 | For debate on 13/09/2023
To propose that the Senedd:
Calls on the Welsh Government to repeal The Restricted Roads (20 mph Speed Limit) (Wales) Order 2022, due to come into force on 17th September 2023.
Delete all and replace with:
1) Notes The Restricted Roads (20 mph Speed Limit) (Wales) Order 2022.
2) Notes that lowering speed limits where people and vehicles interact the most can save lives.
3) Notes that exemptions are possible in locations deemed appropriate by local authorities.
4) Notes the importance of community support to any speed limit changes to ensure genuine concerns can be alleviated and further notes that more exemptions may be identified following the introduction of new limits.
5) Calls on the Welsh Government to continuously review the impact of new limits, empower local authorities to make any further exemptions and provide local authorities with adequate funding to facilitate the introduction of new limits.