NDM7855 - Opposition DebateTabled on 24/11/2021 | For debate on 01/12/2021
To propose that the Senedd:
1. Recognises that motor neurone disease (MND) is a rapidly progressing disease that has no cure and that a third of people die within a year of diagnosis.
2. Welcomes the UK Government’s investment of £50 million to fund research into new treatments for MND.
3. Acknowledges that equitable and faster access to housing adaptations are essential to ensuring people living with MND can live safely, independently and with dignity in their own homes.
4. Believes that the impact of the delays in installation of housing adaptations and the means testing process has a huge impact on the time people living with MND have left.
5. Calls on the Welsh Government to simplify access to housing adaptations by creating a non-means tested, fast-tracked process.
Add as new point at end of motion:
Calls on the Welsh Government to explore the establishment of Wales-based centres of expertise for neurological diseases to improve the scale and quality of clinical trials and increase patient access to new treatments.