NDM7744 - Member DebatesTabled on 24/06/2021 | For debate on 07/07/2021
To propose that the Senedd:
1. Notes the significant role played by small businesses in sustaining local economies throughout the coronavirus pandemic by adapting to unprecedented circumstances.
2. Notes the importance of local small businesses, particularly those in the tourism and associated sectors, as we recover from the pandemic and start to re-build our communities and local economies.
3. Further notes the strong encouragement from the Welsh Government for people to holiday in Wales this year and enjoy its many attractions and sites of outstanding natural beauty.
4. Calls on the Welsh Government to work with representatives of the small business and tourism community to promote Wales as a sustainable tourism destination year-round.
5. Calls on the Welsh Government to work with the same stakeholders in order to integrate both sectors into its economic strategy and COVID-19 recovery plans in the sixth Senedd term to ensure that both are adequately supported and have the necessary resilience to sustain any future shocks.