To propose that the Senedd:
1. Notes the importance of higher and further education to Wales and its economy.
2. Believes that students deserve value for money in return for the investment they make in their higher and further education.
3. Regrets the impact of the coronavirus pandemic on students in Wales and the interruption to courses.
4. Welcomes the additional financial resources provided to Welsh colleges and universities to support them through the pandemic.
5. Notes that there has been no reduction in fees paid by students to reflect the adverse impact of the pandemic on their studies.
6. Calls upon the Welsh Government to:
a) work with colleges and universities to ensure that fees reflect the impact of the coronavirus pandemic on their courses;
b) ensure that students take the opportunity to access learning either in person or, in the event of unavoidable COVID-19 restrictions, through more live streaming;
c) address the concerns of students, employers, and further and higher education providers in relation to a narrowing of the syllabus of some courses which contribute towards entry requirements for colleges and universities.
Delete point 4 and renumber accordingly.
Delete sub-point 6(a) and replace with:
ensure that the higher education sector has sufficient resources to enable institutions to continue to maintain standards and to continue to widen access;
Insert as new sub-point 6(b) and renumber accordingly:
work with the further education and work-based learning sectors to ensure that they are adequately and sustainably resourced to provide the best possible learning opportunities, especially to disadvantaged learners, at this challenging time;